As Christians, we are called to be witnesses to the world. Matthew 5:16 says, “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” There are probably other verses about that in the Bible somewhere, but I don’t know how Google works and I only read my Bible when people can see me doing it.
Unfortunately, sometimes we don’t honor and represent who Christ is by our words. Whether we intend to or not, we can sometimes say things that are hurtful, hateful, deceitful, or some other adjective that ends in “ful.”
The goal of this article is to scare you into saying the correct things at all times and to make you feel like you’re walking on eggshells when you’re around non-believers. This should absolutely terrify you. The entire fate of Christianity rests on your shoulders. If you’re losing sleep over this, then you’re doing a good job. Always remember the world-famous quote by Robert Redford,
“If you walk away from a conversation with a non-believer and they aren’t converted, then you failed and you’re going to Heck now.”
To prevent this from happening, here is a comprehensive list of 12 things you need to stop saying if you’re a Christian.
1. “I’m glad I’m a St. Louis Rams fan.”
No you’re not. Why would you spread this lie?
2. “Let’s go to Carl’s Jr. for lunch.”
Blasphemy. Absolute blasphemy.
3. “We need more police drama shows on television.”
Stop staining His name with that talk.
4. “Pugs look completely normal.”
5. “Robbing a bank kinda sounds like fun.”
This could potentially be seen as a negative thing.
6. “I hope Pixar makes another Cars movie.”
May it never be!
7. “This iced latte from Starbucks should probably be more expensive.”
My heart breaks when I hear this.
8. “I hope I sit next to a crying baby on this flight.”
A lie straight from the pit!
9. “I don’t want any breadsticks, thank you.”
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
10. “That Scion xB looks cool.”
11. “Your daughter looks like an orangutan.”
…by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
12. “These off-brand SpaghettiOs taste great.”
Source: A RELEVANT magazine I read like 2 years ago.